Monday, February 25, 2008

Our Movie Pics

So, Jason and I are huge movie buffs and I thought it might be cool to blog about our fav. new releases. Fellow bloggers, it would be cool if you would do the same that way we wont rent crappy movies. Everybody wins!! No Country For Old Men won best picture last night at the Oscars and I absolutely loved this movie! Tommy Lee Jones plays a great old man cowboy. Javier Barden plays a great bad guy. Jason didnt care for this one. He said it was predictable. We just watched Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck and starring Casey Affleck. You cant go wrong with a twofer Affleck!!! Anyway, we loved this movie. Very suspenseful although I did figure out the ending which I dont normally. Side note: last night on the Oscars they showed all the winners from over the years for Best Picture. Somebody back me up on this one: The Gladiator won best picture?!! Seriously?! I dont get it. Please share your comments on these movies and any other good ones you have seen lately!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have Gone Baby Gone on my list at Netflix. We own the night is being sent now. I have not seen the No Country movie yet. I will check on that because I love Tommy lee Jones. I think one of the funniest I have seen lately, well I while ago that I keep laughing about is Little Miss Sunshine. Cracks me up just thinking about it. Oh and Gladiator...girlfriend that is one of the best movies ever made...please lets just drop this so we can remain friends! Love ya

Anonymous said...

I liked the Brave One a couple of weeks ago too. I just walked out of the room during the fight scene. I really get sick to my stomach watching people beat on others. I had to turn the news the other night after a clip they showed about a fight amongst girls. I get so nauseas (sp?) and can't stand it!!

Heather and Jason said...

we will agree to disagree on gladiator. Little Miss Sunshine is hilarious! I love Steve Carell. I have his new movie Life of Dan on my netflix

Mendy said...

Great idea!

I saw Fight Club (old movie) for the first time the other night. HATED it, but it is one of Chris's favorites. I am backing Jason and Laurie, Gladiator is one of the best movies ever!